RT Software is a developer and provider of Real Time graphics products to the broadcast graphics industry. Founded by former BBC developers in 2003, we have over 20 years experience in the broadcast industry. We are involved in leading edge graphics development with mainstream broadcasters from around the world. Using in house developed software we provide high end graphics systems, broadcast video at 4k, HD, Stereoscopic 3D, Image analysis, Virtual and Augmented reality, Image Tracking, MPEG streaming and more for all aspects of Broadcast delivery. We utilise advanced specification PC technology coupled with the latest GPU hardware.
3d Information Designer/Implementer
RT Software are recruiting a 3d Information Designer/Implementer to work within their Graphics Services Team. The Graphics Services team provides support for both internal requisitions and external clients’ projects – in the UK and abroad.
Full training will be given to the realtime designer in the use of all RT Software’s realtime graphics editors, and using them creatively on implementation projects for external broadcast clients is the primary focus of this role.
The graphics services department combines team members with a diverse range of skills.
The 3d information designer-implementer is responsible for the implementation of branded graphics projects designed by external agencies and broadcasters.
An excellent verbal and written communicator of both design and technical issues is required, as are good client facing skills and a calm manner. This role reports to the Graphics Services Line Manager.
You will likely possess a degree-level qualification (BSc or BA) in a 3d graphic design related field with some experience in the broadcast or games industry.
Our new recruit will not only need to have a good understanding of 3d graphics but also a passion for the creative technologies deployed in both traditional and web-based broadcasting.
You will have demonstrable skills in communicating and presenting complex information in graphical ways that lead to an audience’s effective understanding of it.
Our *perfect candidate* will not only bring to the table their exceptional 3d skills and experience, but also a thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – especially web-based content creation tools – with an eye on typography.
You will liaise with the development and field services teams – so an understanding of the technical issues involved in real time 3d rendering is important.
You will also liaise with the sales and marketing teams as you will be heavily involved in technical pre-sales activities as well as deliver POC’s (proof-of-concept) demonstrations to clients directly.
During the implementation process, you take great care organizing content and making sure that overviews, working concepts and examples are fully documented so other team members and managers have a good sense of the logical development in the project lifecycle.
Responsible to: Graphics Services Manager
Liaise with: All internal (Support/Field Service/Sales/Development) teams
Clients This is also a client-facing role
Main Tasks of Job
- Using our in-house software tools to implement a wide range of projects and templates for all types of broadcast graphics:
- Live sports events graphics such as stats and lower thirds
- Automated channel branding graphics
- 3d augmented reality and greenscreen graphics
- News and elections graphics
- Sports telestration graphics such as tracked circles and arrows
- Entertainment, social media and gaming graphics
- Authoring specification documents that outline correct operational usage for broadcast projects and templates
- Servicing internal stakeholders for the preparation of demonstration, marketing and promotional materials.
- Demonstrate and present POC projects and templates to clients
- Service, modify and update existing client projects and templates
- Provide training internally and externally on new projects for correct operational usage
- Have an understanding of the industry RTSoftware operates in, its competitors products and how their products compare to RTSoftware’s.
- Research new technologies to enable RTSoftware to maintain it’s leading edge within its industry
- To present a professional image to customers at all times in appearance, attitude and work
- Attend regular Company meetings
- Provide reasonable out of hours on-site support under RTSoftware’s general employment rules.
3d content creation applications
Professional level skills of at least one of the following:
- Autodesk 3dstudioMax
- Autodesk Maya
- Maxon C4d
- Newtek Lightwave
2d content creation applications
Professional level skills with:
- Adobe CC tools, in particular:
- After Effects
Data and functionality
Some professional experience of at least one of the following:
- HTML 5, CSS
- Using, interpreting or editing xml and rss feeds
- Mysql database usage and set up
- 3D Shader authoring experience
- Scene optimisation
- UI design proofing and concepting tools
Some knowledge of one of the following is preferable:
- Live broadcast operations and working practices
- Other live graphics delivery solutions
Applying for the role
If you are confident that you can take on these challenges and meet deadlines from two hours to two months, as well as juggle multiple projects simultaneously, travel abroad and within the UK, then send your CV and covering letter to…