- One-touch gestures – clicking and dragging
- Two-touch gestures such as rotate, pinch and zoom (scale), and panning
- All with or without inertia (kinetic scrolling)
- Approved multi touch screens are fully compatible with Touch
Events and Venue Coverage
• 2D / Interactive 3D Map of Venue such as Olympic Park
• Map of Events around the world
• Augmented Reality Event tags
• Venue zoom in/out
• Great camera angles if using a VR Jib
In-studio Live “Holographic” Interview
• Live Augmented Reality Interview
• Portable Green Screen cloth can be used on location
• Archive clips playback from EVS or K2
• Clips can appear in AR for viewer and on table top for Presenter
• Can be controlled by operator in gallery if preferred
In-studio Live DVE
• Live Augmented Reality Video DVE
• Uses studio space to show footage while still keeping presenters in shot
• Telestration capabilities
Wall Mounted Touchscreen Telestration
• Custom branded User Interface
• Gallery based operator interface
• EVS Clip control
• 2D and 3D telestration
• Pixel Tracking (tracked telestration for sports that cant use Line Tracking)
Wall Mounted Touchscreen (Website Interface)
• Fully functional Web Page managed within a custom branded GUI (GL Rendered HTML & Flash)
• Web Pages can appear either on touchscreen surface or Augmented Reality
• One-touch gestures (Clicking & Dragging)
• Two-touch gestures (rotate, scale, Pan)
• Smooth Inertia (Kinetic Scrolling)
Wall Mounted Touchscreen Statistics
• Custom branded User Interface
• Receives XML data from database
• Insert Facebook comments or Tweets into the studio in AR.
• Browse News Papers (.PDFs) to review how the papers are covering the Olympics
Each player can be setup to have their own individual identity. Height, Build, Skin Colour, Hair Colour, Hair Style can be modified and saved to create a realistic squad of players.
Each team can have a Home, Away and “Special” strip.
3D PLAYER ANIMATION
Each player will “run” from one position to another by the Presenter dragging an icon on the Touch-Table. When the player stops their run animation, they turn to face the attacking end of the pitch.
Alternatively, the Presenter can “drag” the players position without an animation happening. These two different functions can be performed at will, in a live environment simply from the Touch-Table.
FORMATIONS – SET PLAYS
Ability for an operator to setup 12 Home and Away game formations for each team, and have each formation be saved as a “Preset” button on the Touch-Table. The Presenter can then recall these formations directly from the Touch-Table.
The Presenter can also manually move formations around directly on the Touch-Table, and re-save as a “Preset” if he wishes to make his own modifications.
When moving between each Set Play the 3D Players slide into position.
A dedicated operator interface used to setup each full team, and then have the ability to quickly select the 11 players for each game. The formations are also setup here by visually placing them on a pitch graphic.
An Augmented Reality Football Stadium* can appear to sit on top of the Touch-Table.
*Stadium can be supplied by customer or RT Creative can supply at cost.
If a stadium is not wanted, we can supply a “Glow” that emanates from the screen when not in use.
The ability to “Flick” any Player* off the table so they animate and appear life size on the studio Floor in Augmented Reality.
*Customer must supply each player as a recording in front of green screen.
*RT Creative can key each player and implement them into AR at cost.
PLAYER INFO BUTTON
The Presenter can press the “INFO” button on the Touch-Table and then press any player in the formation. This will animate on the Players name tag in Augmented Reality.
TELESTRATION – STRAIGHT ARROWS
The ability for the Presenter to draw multiple straight arrows on the touchscreen and them appear on the touch screen surface and in Augmented Reality. The Arrows also appear on the Touch-Table surface (so the presenter can see them), but are transparent so as not to show up on camera. The arrows will also appear in the full “Virtual Stadium” mode.
TELESTRATION – REGIONS
The ability for the Presenter to draw multiple textured regions on the Touch-Table surface. These regions only appear on the actual Touch-Table surface and NOT in Augmented Reality. This means the presenters can still move their hands over the regions once drawn and not cause overlay problems (Hand appearing underneath the graphic).
A small results table graphic designed for showing half-time statistics such as Possession, Yellow Cards, Red Cards, Fouls, Corners, Shots ON/OFF Target. (Basically any statistic available)
PITCH SEGMENT VIEW
The ability to use the Touch-Table surface to turn the football pitch from Landscape to Portrait, thus allowing a close up look at one end of the pitch, where the goal mouth is facing forwards.
The ability for the presenter to insert an augmented 3D model of a football. This can manually be re-positioned on the Touch-Table surface and the ball will spin when moved. This is only usually used when the balls location needs to be talked about.
COUNTERS FOR OPPOSING TEAM
The ability to insert augmented 3D counters on the Touch-Table for the opposing teams positions on the pitch. This helps visually distinguish between the opposing team (Counters) and the team that is being talked about (3D models of Players).
The ability to insert Augmented Reality Team Badges* at either side of the Touch-Table.
*Team Badges can be supplied by the customer for RT Creative to implement into Swift or Edit-3d graphics
Augmented Reality goal posts at either end of the pitch.
The key features are:
- Intuitive touchscreen GUI for presenter.
- Off line operator screen for set up and laying off clips.
- Broadcast quality SD / HD output of the preview window.
- All graphics rendered live to air.
- Telestrate on stills or clips.
- Studio touchscreen puts all the telestration tools, clip selection and VT control with the presenter.
- Quick and easy to create your own telestration graphics and have them automatically appear in the interface.
- Telestrate on graphics created on any newsroom systems such as Viz, Chyron, Deko etc by laying these graphics off to disk for playout through Draw.
- Supports touchscreens from 22” to 150”+.
- Easy! Installation and training is covered in one day.
This low cost solution based on a broadcast specification PC is in use with major broadcasters around the world.
Sports is a software solution operating on industry standard IT hardware and operating systems, with leading video and graphics cards.
RT Software only qualifies hardware that is proven to meet the exacting demands of live broadcast for reliability, durability and performance.
Desktop/side and rack mount systems are offered from:
Laptops are offered from:
RT Software solutions harness the power of Quadro GPUs made by nVidia, the world leader in visual computing technology.
To ensure the quality of RT Software rendered graphics are maintained all the way to video output, RT Software solutions use the highest quality video input and output cards from DVS and nVidia.
· See http://www.rtsw.co.uk/qualified-pc-specifications for a complete hardware specification
· See http://www.rtsw.co.uk/products for more information on our other technologies
|Please click the links to download PDF documents.|
MASTER CONTROL ROOM
Broadcast specification HPZ800 with HD video in & out plus network connection to DDR (EVS or K2). KVM connection to gallery screen and studio touchscreen.
– tOG licences (Edit, Sports Lite, VR and Touch)
– U-Touch touchscreen (table)
– Customisable table top graphics
– Camera tracking technology as required
Operator set up and control Screen , Keyboard & Mouse
-View of VR output
Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. Used to prepare pre match by selecting teams, strips, players etc. Screen resolution required : 1200×1900.
2. Presenter Touch Screen
On studio floor, used by presenter to trigger graphics, activate virtual player models and full size videos. DVI output from workstation to provide the screen video, USB to workstation to provide touch data.
3. Studio Camera
Provides SDI output of studio.
4. VR Head
Provides Pan Tilt and zoom data from Camera. In the case of Vinten heads, data must be converted from RS244 to RS 232.
5. RS244/RS232 Convertor
Required to convert data from Vinten VR head. Can be quoted and supplied by RT Software on request.
6. HP Z800 Workstation
5 Rack units in size, draws 750w of power. Includes nVidia 5000 GPU and DVS Atomix SDI in/out. Running in dual screen mode to provide the operator interface on first DVI, and Presenter touch screen interface on second DVI.
Receives SDI from Studio camera and internally keys 3D graphics (players, stats etc) and full size video to provide a composite SDI output. Renders all graphics and videos in real time to correct size and position in response to touch commands from touchscreen via USB, and camera movement from VR Head.
Full specs can be found here
7. SDI Ouput
Final composite output to be taken to air.
Ancillary equipment required:
USB cables have a maximum working length of 3 metres, DVI a maximum of 10 metres. If workstation is located further than 3 metres from touch screen, extenders will need to be used. These are not quoted, RT Software can quote for extenders if required. If customer to supply extenders, exact specifications must be requested from RT Software.