RT Software is a developer and provider of Real Time graphics products to the broadcast graphics industry. Founded by former BBC developers in 2003, we have over 20 years experience in the broadcast industry. We are involved in leading edge graphics development with mainstream broadcasters from around the world. Using in house developed software we provide high end graphics systems, broadcast video at 4k, HD, Stereoscopic 3D, Image analysis, Virtual and Augmented reality, Image Tracking, MPEG streaming and more for all aspects of Broadcast delivery. We utilise advanced specification PC technology coupled with the latest GPU hardware.
We are looking for a Field Service and Support Engineer to join our team. You’ll be involved in the preparation of our graphics systems prior to shipment, deployment and commissioning of our systems on customer sites and providing office based and on site pre and post-sales support.
You may also work as an operator in Live TV environments. This is a full time position based in London, UK – but will involve national and
The Broadcast industry is a ‘Live’ environment. As such deadlines are immovable. You need to be disciplined, have an attention to detail and be agile under pressure. You should be able to work alone or within a team and willing to learn new skills.
You should have a genuine interest in all technical aspects of broadcast and media. You will be
from a numerate/technical or engineering background.
You will be aware of both existing technologies and new directions within our market.
The successful candidate will work closely with other departments such as development, design and marketing/sales with responsibility for
part or all of the commissioning cycle from inception through to delivery, testing and support.
Field Service Manager
Main Tasks of Job
- Office based day to day support work within RT Software using remote control software
- Fault chasing and problem diagnosis
- On site service, support and commissioning of RT systems worldwide
- Provide training on RT systems at customer level
- Maintain demonstration systems
- Maintain demonstration areas
- Maintain build areas
- Maintain aspects of company IT infrastructure
- Documentation and report generation
- System build and test
- Attend meetings as required by management (Service, Support & Pre / Sales)
- Provide support at trade shows
- Ensure information regarding areas of responsibility is recorded accurately within the company CRM and other systems
- Occasional out of hours support under RT Software general employment rules
- Degree or equivalent in Broadcast Technology, Engineering or Computer related course
- Interest/experience in broadcast TV engineering including baseband video, cameras, Virtual studio systems, graphics, and broadcast infrastructure
- IT knowledge and System Administration on Windows operating systems
- Mac and Linux knowledge would be an advantage
- Able to present a professional image to customers at all times in appearance, attitude and work
- Flexible “can-do” approach to other staff and customers alike
- Holder of a European Union Passport
On the job training will be given with an expectation of taking on internal jobs within 2 months and on site work within 3-4 months.
Salary Expectation: £POA
Contact – email@example.com