At RT Software we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 30th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at RT Software Ltd.
Who are we?
RT Software is an award winning provider of innovative and industry leading broadcast graphics solutions. The product set spans CG, template driven 2D and 3D graphic overlays, election and newsroom graphics, specialist sports graphics and virtual studios. From its beginnings as an offshoot of the BBC 3D graphics Department in 2004, it now has installs from Iceland to New Zealand and includes the BBC, BT Sport, Fox Sports, NBC, and many other Tier 1 broadcasters in its growing customer base.
Settar Kose is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our products
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, email, by social media, trade shows or through our website.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and RT Software.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, user tips, press releases. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on an event you requested a meeting appointment for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact Us’ or other web forms you have completed on our website.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to a Free Trial of our software or promotion.
- Provide access to our FTP Customer Support portal.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms/Subscription forms” that we will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our act CRM system.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between RT Software and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number,J title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our social media platforms, the information can be read by anyone with access to the social media platform and used for purposes over which RTSoftware or you have no control. Therefore, RT Software is not responsible for any information you submit on our social media platforms.
If you apply for a job at RT Software, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
RT Software does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymised.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that RT Software holds about you on our act CRM system.
- The right to request that RT Software corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for RT Software to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from RT Software, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
RT Software reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, contact email@example.com.