In order to meet the wide range of use cases and to address specific graphics requirements in a cost effective manner we offer
you a choice of:
- An entry level product onto which you can add the options you require.
- Sensible product bundles at cost effective prices, aimed at specific use cases. You can also add additional options to these if needed.
Entry level products
“tOG-Sports” is a high quality telestrator that works alongside a replay server. We offer 2 variants:
- “tOG-Sports (NDI)”. This is aimed at the NDI market working alongside the 3Play series of replay servers from Newtek.
- “tOG-Sports (SDI)”. This is aimed at baseband video replay servers such as EVS, LiveTouch and Dyno. It will also support Sony 9pin devices.
- “SDI” option. This adds SDI to NDI version, effectively upgrading it to tOG-Sports (SDI).
Additional Options included in the “tOG-Sports 2d” bundle
- “Internal Clips” support. This means the system can work independently from a video server, either on files pushed to it or from SDI crash recorded onto its hard disk.
- “Touchscreen/Pundit” interface. This enables a second 1920 x 1080 Windows touchscreen to be set up for live presenter or commentator based analysis.
- “Web control” for tablet and other devices. This allows distribution and sharing of an easy to use control screen, typically over a wireless network.
Additional Options included in the “tOG-Sports Lite” bundle
All the options above, plus…
- “Virtual stadium” view. This gives
- “Keyers and Pseudo Cameras”. This raises the game with graphics such as arrows, circles and regions to appear as though painted on the pitch. The video must be paused though.
Additional Options included in the “tOG-Sports Pro” bundle
All the options above, plus…
- “Feature + Line Tracking” (NB – Requires Keyers and Pseudo camera option). With this options the graphics appear painted on the pitch even when the video is playing.
- “Posed Players”. Combined with the virtual stadium view, this allows the creation of lifelike 3d reconstructions of game play.
Modules not included in bundles
- “Record to Disk”. Allows graphics to be worked on whilst also live recording up to 4 channels of incoming HD SDI.
- “Main Concepts Codec”. Provides support for lay off of DVC50/100, AVCi50/100 clips.
- “tOG-3d Edit”. Full 3d editor for modifying existing or creating new telestration and analysis graphics tools.
- “Opta Data”. Comprehensive set of Opta data driven graphics such as Heat Maps, Touch Maps, Path to goal, shots on goal etc. Integration to data sources other than Opta is also possible.
- “VR Support”. Support for encoded camera mounts such as Vinten 750i, enabling tied to pitch graphics or virtual advertising under in all conditions.
- “SDI 4k”. Support for UHD 4k video.
- “AR”. Package of AR graphics aimed at studio shows. This uses a fixed camera and the graphics include league & fixtures tables, player head to heads, video wall & screen and logos on floor.
The NDI & SDI variants of tOG Sports are – as far as graphics functionality and capability functionality are concerned – exactly the same product. On the showreel you will see a wide selection of clips covering most of the graphics possible. The key principle to understand in this entry level system is that on the whole the graphics appear written “on the screen” rather than “on the pitch”. That said you will note some graphics are designed in such a way that they do give a 3d perspective and can both simple to apply and very appealing to the eye.
Video enhancement tools
The product enhances the video capabilities of the replay server. Specifically this is with the following tools:
- Vertical split screen
- Horizontal split screen
- Zoom tool
- Various magnifiers
2d screen writing tools
As you would imagine there is a comprehensive selection of stock telestration tools. This includes many variations of lines, arrows, circles, shaded regions, highlighters, magnifiers and more.
Flexible in use
As well as being able to select a clip and add graphics live, operators can create, save and recall for use later complex graphics sequences. We call this building a stack, and once created these are available on the user screen as a clip thumbnail. When a stack is recalled, vital settings such as the graphics already added, graphic styles, key and tracking calibrations are also automatically recalled along with the clip. This frees up the operator or presenter meaning they are no longer limited to playing back simple graphics.
Using the operator interface it is possible to keyframe certain tools against the moving video. With just a few mouse clicks the graphics can track the action. The keyframeable tools include:
- Text plinths
Most of the graphics can be fine tuned to users preferences, the colours of arrows for example. This can be done on an individual graphic basis, or globally to set up home, away and neutral colour schemes. But it goes way beyond just the colour schemes. Sizes, opacity, magnification strength, text and many other graphics attributes can be set in just a few mouse clicks via the operator interface.
The system has dozens of graphics tools covering a wide variety of sports. It would be cumbersome to have these all available on the user interface so the product includes a drag and drop palette builder, and once a pallet is created it can be saved away and reloaded quickly and easily through the user interface. So having specific user interfaces with all your favourite tools for football, rugby, soccer, athletics and so on is quick and easy.
tOG-Sports 2d is what we call a product bundle. It is our base product with the following modules added to it. The cost of the bundle is lower than buying all the individual elements. As with all the modules, you can add these to lower levels of the product family to achieve the functionality you need. That said, all these modules are included in the tOG-Sports 2d bundle. It offers all the benefits of the base product which are enhanced in the following ways.
Internal Clips module
This frees the system from the constraints of needing to be connected to a costly replay server, bringing increased flexibility as to how the system can now be used. It can crash record SDI video onto its internal disk, creating an internal clip that can then be worked on to add graphics. In addition, files of a variety of broadcast friendly formats can be pushed to it and then worked on. As well as outputting SDI, the system can now also lay off clips if preferred.
Windows touchscreen to be set up for live presenter or commentator based analysis. The touchscreen interface is easy to brand and customised in house, and multiple versions can be created, saved and recalled when needed. The system can still be concurrently controlled using the operator interface minimising the possibility of on air mistakes and breeding presenter confidence.
Web Control module
This allows distribution and sharing of an easy to use control screen, typically over a wireless network. Our support for tablets gives a few key benefits. It makes it easy to use alongside an EVS or Newtek replay server where there is no touchscreen on the control panel to put a graphics control interface. In the case of a studio show with multiple presenters, each presenter can have their own hand held device such as a tablet allowing them to add graphics individually. What’s more, presenters can play and view video and graphics directly on their tablet, no need to look away from the camera to view a monitor.
tOG-Sports lite is what we call a product bundle. It is our 2d product with the following modules added to it. The cost of the bundle is lower than buying all the individual elements. As with all the modules, you can add these to lower levels of the product family to achieve the functionality you need. That said, all these modules are included in the tOG-Sports Lite bundle. It offers all the benefits of the 2d product which are enhanced in the following ways.
On the showreel you will see a wide selection of clips covering most of the graphics possible. The key principle to understand in this version of the product is that as well as the traditional “screenwriter” style of 2d graphics, the graphics can now be applied to the playing surface in the correct perspective. This makes them appear to be “on the pitch” rather than “on the screen”. The limitation is that most of these “on the pitch” graphics can only be used on a freeze frame – the video cannot be playing.
Keyers & Pseudo Camera module
This raises the game with the ability to lay graphics in a correct 3d perspective on the pitch, making it appear as though the graphics are painted on the pitch. This effect is increased by the inclusion of keyers to put to players on top of the graphics. With pseudo cameras these effects are limited to paused video, but adding the “Feature and Line Tracking” module these effects are possible when VT is rolling.
Virtual Stadium module
This allows you to go to a virtual stadium view, opening up possibilities to explain game play using views not captured on the broadcast camera. As standard it includes simple home and away counters, but this can be enhanced significantly with teh “Posed Players” module which brings into play life like 3d player models. The perimeter boarding is easily customised opening up sponsorship opportunities.
tOG-Sports pro is what we call a product bundle. It is our Lite product with the following modules added to it. The cost of the bundle is lower than buying all the individual elements. As with all the modules, you can add these to lower levels of the product family to achieve the functionality you need. That said, all these modules are included in the tOG-Sports Pro bundle. It offers all the benefits of the 2d and Lite products and is enhanced in the following ways.
Feature + Line Tracking module
Video based tracking such as this takes you to the pinnacle of what is possible in analysis graphics. Now the graphics appear to be painted on the pitch even when the video is playing and the camera panning and zooming. This opens up options for more involving graphics such as player trails, dynamic gain lines and sponsors logos on replays. Whilst the Feature tracking is very easy to set up and use, the line tracking rewards the extra time needed to calibrate with the possibility of metrics graphics showing speeds, distances and so on. With this module also requires the Keyers and Pseudo camera option.
Posed Players module
Combined with the Virtual Stadium view, this allows the creation of lifelike 3d reconstructions of game play. This is perfect for showing game play from different points of view, including those not caught on the broadcast cameras. The module includes an editor making it quick and easy to create life like looking players and position them in the correct life like poses.
Record to Disk module
Allows graphics to be worked on whilst also live recording up to 4 channels of incoming HD SDI. This means you can use tOG-Sports in End to End record mode just like a channel of a replay server. Continuously record a live event and use this capability in tOG-Sports to jog back, set an in point and add graphics without interrupting the record. This means you get graphics to air without missing any action and without dedicating channels of a costly replay server to make sure all the action is covered.
Main Concepts Codec module
Provides support for lay off of DVC50/100, AVCi50/100 clips. Please note this is not required for working with other popular broadcast file formats such as .mov.
This is our standard 3d editor compatible with all our products.
This can be used with all the Sports products for making deep modifications or indeed creating a whole new style of tOG-Sports graphics tools or even new tools. It can also be used for more demanding graphics not included in the system as standard such as fully customer defined AR graphics or 3d on pitch placement graphics. This can run on the
tOG-Sports system or separate low cost graphics workstation, see the support section of our web site for details on supported hardware. Please note that new graphics or graphics amendments can also be provided by RT Software’s Graphics Services team.
Opta Data module
Comprehensive set of Opta data driven full screen graphics that show the kind of information expected by the modern sports viewer in an engaging and dynamic way. Just a few mouse clicks are needed to create Heat Maps, Touch Maps, Path to Goal, Shots on Goal etc. Perfect for non-rights holders as well as the main broadcasters these can provide powerful insights into the game play. Integration to data sources other than Opta is also possible. NB – Also requires the virtual stadium module.
VR Support module
Allows the use of encoded camera mounts such as Vinten 750i,
enabling high quality tied to pitch graphics or virtual advertising under in all conditions during the live game. Whilst the vision based camera tracking – included in tOG-Sports Pro or available as a module – often achieves the same result under most conditions, it is not intended for live use. Use
of a VR head means “on pitch graphics” can be 100% guaranteed – often a crucial requirement for activities such as virtual advertising. This also requires our Keyer module, which itself is optimised for use in stadiums, handling changing and difficult lighting conditions with ease.
SDI 4k module
The software is 4k ready and this can be unleashed with this module. Naturally you will need to ensure your hardware is 4k compatible, see the support section of our web site for details on supported hardware.
Sports AR module
This module makes it easy to insert AR graphics into the studio or pitch side. It’s easy because it includes all you need to get started on as it includes a package of AR graphics such as league & fixtures tables, player head to heads, video wall & screen and logos on floor. It is also easy because you do not need any expensive camera tracking technology – even though it appears the camera moves in the showreel. The reality is the studio camera is completely locked off and not moving and the moves are “virtual” camera moves all part of the Sports AR module. Note that certain colour and styles within the graphics and the camera moves can be quickly and easily customised for user preferences through the web interface.
Having selected RT Software to supply your broadcast graphics solutions, on-going help and advice are critical in delivering user satisfaction. This, along with bug fixes and free of charge new releases of the software is included as part of our annual Software Support contract. Click here to download a copy.
Support on our hardware is easy too. We use industry standard, low cost and from reputable manufacturers with worldwide availability and good after sales service. Furthermore, all our products can run on the same platform meaning you can enjoy low cost n+1 redundant hardware strategies.
If you need to contact RT Software Support – phone +44 (0)20 7168 8820 or email email@example.com
- Software Support. Available through an annual contract for any of the tOG family of broadcast graphics products and solutions. Customers with a valid contract are entitled to reasonable telephone based assistance during UK office hours (UK 09.00 to 17.00) plus new interim releases of the software free of charge. Please note that as standard this does not include any on-site assistance.
- Out of Hours Support. Customers requiring out of UK office hours support can extend their contracts to include this.
- Hardware Support. We pass through the manufacturers warranties and can provide telephone assistance during office hours on the products that we qualify or supply. In addition, we may hold these products in stock ready for prompt shipment to you.
- Additional Support. We appreciate that as a broadcaster you will have times when graphics can be critical. We can tailor a package of additional support to assist as required and this can include being on site with you – wherever that is.
tOG Sports – User Tip Videos
This album is an archive of the video tips and hints we have sent to our tOG-Sports customers, users and freelance operators. The intention is to keep you abreast of new graphics as they become available and to show how an operator can use tOG-Sports to create compelling analysis graphics – often with just a few mouse clicks