RT Software is a developer and provider of Real Time graphics products to the broadcast graphics industry. Founded by former BBC developers in 2003, we have over 20 years experience in the broadcast industry. We are involved in leading edge graphics development with main stream broadcasters from around the world. Using in house developed software we provide high end graphics systems, broadcast video at 4k, HD, Stereoscopic 3D, Image analysis, Virtual and Augmented reality, Image Tracking, MPEG streaming and more for all aspects of Broadcast delivery. We utilise advanced specification PC technology coupled with the latest GPU hardware.
We are looking for a Field Service and Support Engineer to join our team. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the company from pre sales technical support, system/software testing and commissioning through to after sales support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis. This is a full time position based in London, UK – but will involve national and international travel.
Responsible to: Support/Field Service Manager
On the job training will be given with an expectation of taking on internal jobs within 6 weeks and customer work within 2-3 months.
The Broadcast industry is a ‘Live’ environment. As such deadlines are immovable. You should
● Degree or equivalent in Broadcast Technology, Engineering or Computer related course.
● Present a professional image to customers at all times in appearance, attitude and work.
● Flexible “can-do” approach to other staff and customers alike.
● Disciplined and have an attention to detail and be agile under pressure.
● Demonstrate good diagnostic and fault finding skills
● Think logically about problems and work methodically to resolve issues
● Communicate effectively with both customers and colleagues.
● Able to work alone or within a team and willing to learn new skills.
● Technical interest / experience in broadcast TV engineering including baseband video, cameras, Virtual studio systems, graphics, and broadcast infrastructure. Aware of both existing technologies and new directions within our market.
● Holder of an UK/European Union Passport/Driving License
Main Tasks of Job
● Develop understanding of RTSoftware products from an operational and technical level
● Office based day to day support work within RT Software using remote control software.
● Fault chasing and problem diagnosis
● Build/Rebuild machines to different specs.
● Service, support and commissioning of RT systems worldwide
● Provide training on RT systems at customer level
● Help develop company move to Cloud/AWS infrastructure
● Maintain demonstration and build systems/areas
● Maintain aspects of company IT infrastructure
● Documentation and report generation
● Software Testing and System build and test
● Attend meetings as required by management (Service, Support & Pre / Sales).
● Provide support at trade shows.
● Ensure information regarding areas of responsibility is recorded accurately within the
company CRM and other systems.
● Occasional out of hours support under RT Software general employment rules
● PC Hardware Components and assembly
● Support systems such as Jira, Salesforce and Trello
● Operating systems knowledge – Windows/Mac/Linux
● Scripting at OS Level (PowerShell/Bash)
● SDI/Baseband video infrastructure
Additional Skills (Good to have – not mandatory)
● Knowledge of Virtual environments such as VMWare VSphere/Citrix
● AWS/Cloud infrastructure and deployment.
● Automated build systems such as Jenkins.
● IP2110 Video Infrastructure