Contact RT Software Support:
Phone +44 (0)20 7384 9277 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Having selected RT Software to supply your broadcast graphics solutions, we understand on-going help and advice are essential. We provide bug fixes and new releases of the software for free as part of our annual Software Support contract.
Annual Software Support Contract
Software Support. Available through an annual contract for any of the broadcast graphics products or solutions. Customers with a valid contract are entitled to reasonable telephone based assistance during UK office hours (UK 09.00 to 17.00) plus new interim releases of the software free of charge. Please note that as standard this does not include any on-site assistance.
Out of Hours Support. Customers requiring out of UK office hours support can extend their contracts to include this.
Hardware Support. We pass through the manufacturers warranties and can provide telephone assistance during office hours on the products that we qualify or supply. In addition, we may hold these products in stock ready for prompt shipment to you.
Additional Support. We appreciate that as a broadcaster you will have times when graphics can be critical. We can tailor a package of additional support to assist as required and this can include being on site with you anywhere in the world.
+ I want to report a problem - What do I need to tell RT Software?
Please use the dedicated support address email@example.com instead of contacting a specific person at RT Software,
This has advantages:
- This is a collaborative email address shared by our technical support team, so more experts are able to respond.
- Your email will be logged and tracked.
To help us collate replies, track progress and close support cases please ensure your email includes the following:
- The subject of the email should be relevant to the problem.
- Report only one problem per email
- Always reply to a response from us and keep the email chain intact.
- Ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is included in all replies.
- Start a new email when reporting a new problem.
In addition to a description of the problem, include the following:
- What is the name of the product are you using:
- The version of software:
- The type of PC:
- The operating system:
- The graphics card:
- The graphics card driver version:
- The video card (if installed):
- The ID of your USB security key (if that is how you licenced):
Attach the log files from the following location:
- Windows: C:/Program Files/tog/logs
- Linux: /var/log/tog
Please specify at what time (as precisely as possible) the problem occurred.
Windows Only: If the problem terminated abnormally, please check for and send us a dump file. This will be located in
Also, please provide as detailed a description as possible of the issue. This should include:
- Is the problem repeatable under certain conditions?
- Is it random?
- What was happening on the system when the problem occurred?
- Can you provide any visual information – phone recording or output recording. Ideally, this would include a timestamp so we can correlate the issue with the log file. If providing a video file recording please remember to record in the same format as you are running – especially if you are running interlaced video.
- Any assets that may be relevant to the issue, this includes:
How to record your screen: How to record your screen guide pdf
+ Teamviewer for Remote Access
To allow remote access to customers machines RT Software uses the Teamviewer software.
Teamviewer allows you to selectively grant access to your machine so that RT Software can only login when you allow it.
If TeamViewer is not already installed on your PC you can download from their website
Once you start TeamViewer we need to know the ID and password.
+ Hardware Support - Who do I call?
RT Software does not depend on any custom hardware. All the hardware we use are commodity PCs, servers, and PCIe cards. Should your PC, server or PCie card become faulty you should contact the manufacturer or supplier directly for replacements under warranty.
RT Software is happy to provide help and advice should you have a failure, and if you have a critical situation we can check our stock for a suitable loan unit whilst repairs are carried out.
+ OEM Support Guidelines
+ What documentation is provided and where is it?
Older versions of software may install some documentation on the PC where your RT Software is installed, however all the current documents are held in our Document Library on our website.
You will also find useful guidance in our Knowledge Base.
+ Update Licence