Swift CG for Automation: OEM
Welcome to the RT Software Training Portal. This course is aimed at broadcast operational staff and oriented towards developing essential skills, knowledge and expertise for graphics template creation for use with OEM playout solutions.
Who uses Swift?
The template designer will need an apt range of skills and experience. Individuals that are tasked with and undergo training with this software option are generally those with the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with or experience of Adobe Creative tools such as Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects or similar
- Image file formats and graphical assets in general
- Typography and the importance of branding
- Video editing or animation in a post production environment
- Live operation of graphics systems
What you will need for the course
- You will need to evaluate your personal workstation hardware specifications to ensure that it will run Swift.
- You will need to download the Swift editor software.
- Then you will need to activate the software by following these instructions.
- We recommend your computer monitor is set to a resolution of 1920×1080. Smaller resolutions will not work.
- A second computer monitor is an advantage.
- Headphones or speakers.
- Login, password and profile information.
How courses are structured
- The courses are divided into Sessions.
- Each Session contains a number of topics along with a set of learning objectives.
- The duration of each Session is normally between 15 minutes and 1 hour.
- You will access assets for each Session from within this Training Portal.
- Internal and Vimeo videos will be linked that will guide you through all of the Sessions.
- Text descriptions, documents, and illustrations are used in support of each Session where appropriate.
- Available online as structured video tutorial sessions
- 27 self-directed, video tutorial sessions
- Available as live, instructor-led remote workshop sessions using virtual machines
- Duration: 7 x 3 hour workshops over 7 days
- Available onsite as traditional, classroom-based instruction
- Duration: 3 days
- You can view the specific course syllabus here as a pdf to download.
- This course is based on a linear progression through the generic Sessions.
- This course contains a generic set of Sessions.
- Optional sessions become available once the course is complete
- All training materials and knowledge-base within the RT Training portal will continue to be available in accordance with your licensing agreement.
Download the course syllabus here: LMS_Syllabus_Swift_for_Automation_GV